Sunday, October 12, 2014

Kasubo



I don't want to be like this guy, and a lot of people who find satisfaction in pretending on social media. I don't want my son to grow up in this kind of society where people can't take their eyes away from their gadgets and computers. As if their whole life revolves on social media, it makes them seem happy to get these technologically modified relationships and connections. There is acceptance there for every like, there is friendships there for every nice comment.  Everyday, I see posts on FB from people I know. I know their struggles, their pains, what makes them cry. I have mine, too and we do share about these things in private chats. Sometimes it makes me wonder would it be possible to get real and not hide anything, or pretend at all? Come to think of it, people pretend because they want acceptance. People hide what's not so pleasant because they fear rejection. If only social media can also become a venue for real, more meaningful connections. Then there won't be too much pretending and hiding what's real. Then this world would be freer.

No comments: