Saturday, August 30, 2014

And I die... every day I die...


“What, then, will anyone gain by winning the whole world and forfeiting his life? Or what can anyone offer in exchange for his life?”  -Mathew 16:26

I used to find joy in sufferings that befell me. I used to be so confident about the reason why we all need to have our share of pains as followers of Christ. But lately, it has been completely dark and I came to a point when I was already robbed of hope. Something which we all should not allow to happen to us. But I did. And it’s my fault. Right now, I can only hope again … and ask God to forgive me and give me another chance. At life, and death, and living again. Every day, I have to be ready, every day I have to die. Each time I am being criticized, it’s death. Each time I am being persecuted, it’s death. Each time someone fails me, it’s death. Each time I am being judged for the decisions that I make in my life, it’s death. Indeed, what can I offer in exchange for my life? 

No comments: