Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gospel, Luke 6:20-26

I wonder where I belong in all these mentioned in the Gospel. Right now is one of those moments for me, when I feel nothing seems to work out right. But it is such great comfort to know that he is a God of promises. I can only hold on to these promises. Do I even deserve to ask, "Please be near, Lord"? I do not have that confidence right now, that confidence that the Lord looks at me with compassion and understanding. I have lost all confidence from all the sufferings lately. Everyday, I put up a face, a brave face. Because that is what all warriors do. Everyday, I feel like I only go through it like a warrior would. But isn't that just the right thing to do? How else will I go through it? I am not a damsel in distress anymore. I have screwed up big time and I feel that I have lost all right to complain or feel like the world owes me anything. 




Gospel, Luke 6:20-26

20 Then fixing his eyes on his disciples he said: How blessed are you who are poor: the kingdom of God is yours.
21 Blessed are you who are hungry now: you shall have your fill. Blessed are you who are weeping now: you shall laugh.
22 'Blessed are you when people hate you, drive you out, abuse you, denounce your name as criminal, on account of the Son of man.
23 Rejoice when that day comes and dance for joy, look!-your reward will be great in heaven. This was the way their ancestors treated the prophets.
24 But alas for you who are rich: you are having your consolation now.
25 Alas for you who have plenty to eat now: you shall go hungry. Alas for you who are laughing now: you shall mourn and weep.
26 'Alas for you when everyone speaks well of you! This was the way their ancestors treated the false prophets.

No comments: