Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Choose your battles

battlesA lot of times I've been in a situation where I fight with passion for my principles, for my decisions, for my choices. Then I realize others are like that, too. What is the meaning of all this anyway? I would rather be right in the eyes of God.

At the end of the day who is the better judge but him. I let go of what others may think of me, because of some lies spread against me. I don't care of that person doesn't stop in all her lies. I don't care of she wants to keep at it, she can very well do that for as long as she lives. I won't do anything. I stay where I am calm, I stay where I am at peace, I stay where I am fully aware of who I am and where I will be going and how I will be getting there. As for those who do not know any of these, I can only feel sorry for them. As for those who do now know how to choose their battles because they in the first place do not know who they are, well that's their problem. I've been there and I know how it is. For many different reasons, people get hurt. And this brokenness often lead them to try and find healing from others, in a good or bad way. It can be both. It's really complicated. And I choose to walk away from that complication. I do not belong in there. I do not deserve to stay where some people wallow in their darkness. I will walk in the light and get others to walk in it, too. I am more than my imperfections, I am more than my faults, I am more than the indiscretions that I really didn't mean to be part of my reality. I am more than what others judge me about. There is more and I want be where it is.  

No comments: