Thursday, October 6, 2011

On this day of your life, Nanay, we believe God wants you to know ... that it's time to start living in the present.
Message from God
Letting go of the past is not easy, especially if you have wounds that have never properly healed. But, the past is past and living there may be preventing you from fully experiencing the present. Likewise fear of what may be looming around the corner can also prevent you from fully enjoying the present. Live in the moment and look forward to eternity with God, now that's a great present.


Looking back right now, there are a lot of things in the past that both grieve and delight me. Come to think of it, I am not actually looking back yet. I am still in it and it is a struggle to come out of it and be brave enough to venture into the present that is still very much compromised. I have just turned 36. What treasures have I collected so far ... those were years when I thought I was doing the right thing, when loving was a decision and I lived it like no one else. I didn't ask for anything in return. The only thing I knew was to love and to give and I thought that should defined me.

And so right now I have trouble receiving anything. It is something that I have to learn until I will be ready to face the future and embrace the things that I deserve.

1 comment:

mama_aly said...

receive my prayers for PEACE.