Tuesday, September 21, 2010

another good read today

A friend tagged me to one of his notes recently. It's only this morning that I finally had the few minutes to check it out. I barely have time to check everything everybody posts on Face Book. Reading this note resonates with what I feel regarding FBing too much. For the most part I find too much narcissism in it, all about self-self-self, something which reflects a whole lot of what the world is about today.

Reading this note has refreshed my will to make a difference in my own little, sorry way. It has made me pause and re-evaluate myself and what part I have been playing lately.



Dearest Friend,


It is both in profound gratitude and in slight weariness that I am writing you this letter.


You see, our world has greatly changed. Every single day, my values are
being challenged by television and other sorts of media. I can sometimes
see myself caving in, wanting to have a bite of the morsel offered by
the bohemian society. What we have right now is good. I admit, there is
nothing wrong in change. What I am concerned about, though, is when we
change our established core values to accommodate the fleeting and
dictated trends of false self-imaging. READ MORE

1 comment:

mira said...

i love reading the letter,it is exactly been among my pondering thoughts.More especially here in australia where in the morals here is just way down low...it is just too much liberalism here that at most times it is scaring me of the future of my own kids...im really praying hard that i could raise them as what my parents had raised me up with,its a tough act to follow but i'm adamant that it will be the best for their sake.