Wednesday, June 24, 2009

THEATRE PERFORMANCE

(written 10-10-03)

There are times
when I feel like my life
is a theatre piece
where I am stage-managed
like an actor,
and in my struggle to stay whole,
I keep performing
with a desperate determination
to finish my part,
without getting booed.
How pathetic, you'd say.
But don't we all experience this,
in this whole malady of life?
There is the reality of pain, fear,
confusion, injustice, and death.
Sometimes, with all the ugliness
around me,
I can't help feeling
that I have become too ugly
to believe in a God
who makes monsters like me --
devoid of love, of faith, of hope.
It's not the "Me" anymore,
it's the "Long Lost Me".
And how do I salvage myself
from this wreckage?
How do I quit theatre performance,
when all I got is a stage,
not a home?

3 comments:

pungkai said...

ka relate gd ko..huhuhu

but isnt it true, there aint no small roles.. only small actors. keep on performing..till u find solace not for not being booed but for having finished the piece...for having surpassed these adversities...

and no matter how bad or tough the character may seem, one way or another they do affect us. what matters is how we try to circumvent things so it affects us positively in the end. And it IS the God that created monsters like us who allows things to happen not for any other reason but to make these "malady" turn into "melody" that can ease one's soul. All it takes is a positive outlook in life.

Unknown said...

very well said punkz...hats off to you. ginahambal mo na para sa akon hehehe or ano man. gin affirm mo gale ang buot ko silingon sa poem ko hehehe...ti cge na bala ikaw blog man para may basahon man ko kag reply-replyan. kamingaw na di daan.ato na tanan sa facebook. ok lang ko di ya ah.i dont like crowd man. hehehe

mira said...

Life is a stage...and we performers will always be at the point where we will be scrutinized,criticized,booed,etc or be hailed up and put in a pedestal.In as much as the awareness of these would give us the shiver or fright or otherwise motivate us...we as actors should put aside a little nook for ourselves that would allow us to be what we can be and let God (our director)guide and keep us on the script.Most important thing is we have faced the challenge and we have done what we can.Nice piece ann!love you!muah!