Monday, September 8, 2008

TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHERGOOSE

I met Mira at Singles for Christ gathering in 1995. Since then, God assigned her to be my mothergoose. *wide grin*

Up till today, it is a wonderment on my part how she believes I am one of the best. Truly, it humbles me and blesses me to have her as a friend, believing in me and treasuring me like I were a priceless stone. When I think of her, I think of how God is so fond of me.

Back in college, she would often visit me at school, always with something to eat. She would patiently wait for my classes to finish and would just watch me devour whatever food she brought with her. She would smile her sweetest and most content smile watching me eat heartily. And then we would talk the hours away, most of the time it would be me talking and she would listen to me with incredible eagerness. We both love dissecting things that we see, touch, feel, hear. And I guess that's one thing that keeps us glued to each other, up to this day, no matter the distance.

I love her in a way that I cannot put into words. It's not only because she loves me perhaps even more, not only because she's my mothergoose, but because God has put both of us through similar paths to pain and suffering. And because of it, we find meaning in the slightest, tiniest detail of our lives. Mira has got the most profound mind I have ever known. Her words of wisdom is, to me, an oaises in the desert.

Because it's her birthday, I've come up with a little trivia about her.

1. Loves The Carpenters and can sing their songs too well!
2. Petpeeve: noisy, shallow people
3. Donuts will never be donuts without coffee
4. Superb cook. 'superb' meaning the best, amazing, you'll forget your name
5. She was once crazy over the name Luis *naughty grin*
6. She named her daughter after my favorite author Maeve Binchy
7. She named her son after my beloved mentor Fr Niall O'Brien
8. Loves to watch CSI
9. She still memorizes lines from Bugs Bunny
10. She talks to the sunset. Most of the time, it talks back. *sheepeesh grin*

Happy birthday Mir. You have no idea how much I miss you, how much I long for the days when I would run to you and be the child that nobody understands. I always had you to save my day, and I miss that. When I am at my worst, you know too well how to help me bounce back, you got the right words to hush my stubborn heart. You tame me, by letting me go and wander and explore. You argue with me, by agreeing first and listening to what I want to say. 'You are the crowd that sits quiet, listening to me and all the mad sense I make' so goes our favorite song. Thank you, for all that you are to me.


I love this photo. She's a picture of happiness here.


Look at that...so touching. Willy is an amazing dad and husband to Mira
and I thank God for that.




My favorite photo of Niall!! I was laughing too hard at my own caption.

7 comments:

mira said...

ginpa hibi mo gd ko!daw madalagan ko balik sa bacolod wahhh!ann..in the same token its rare to find someone like you..and for me to have one..is such a pride.take care my "child" hehehehe.love you!

Unknown said...

neeeeeee whazzup doc?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

may utang ka pa sa amon ni lemuel round sang monopoly.basi nalipat ka na. hehe

miss ta na ka mir.

-reinee

Fr Seán Coyle said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Mira. I'm in Manila this week.

God bless you all

Father Sean

mira said...

ren!helo,helo...pre!hidlaw man ko sa inyo!ay gle?lipat na ko...hehehe...ti cge when i do get back home i'll see to it ..magtutuos tayo sa monopoly!hahahaha!regards kay lemuel...i'm happy for him now that he's got someone....take care!

mira said...

Fr.Sean thank you for the greeting...take care! One of my bithday wish is that one day i can go back to bacolod and get to see you and all the guys in misyon magazine as well as the deafs in welcome home.
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

this is a very nice tribute!

Happy Birthday!

meowiefotografie said...

Anne! thank you guid for being a very good friend to my sister, Manang Mira...and you are 110% right when it comes to being a nurturing and caring friend and mom..amo gid na sha ya ever since! I knew all along that she is born to be a mother! Although this maybe a little late but ya know what they say, bettah late than nevah! muahh!!!

LOve you guid my manang mira from both of us! Me and CArey!