Saturday, January 12, 2008

THINGS I HEARD LAST CHRISTMAS

GABRIEL: These are all my gifts ... they're mine. I'm going to open them now. As in right now.


NANAY: Who told you those are all yours? And who told you you're opening them?


ABE: But they're mine. I want to open them now!




NANAY: no! as in N-O!

ABE: please ...please...pleaaaaassseee??????????




NANAY: Don't give me that look, Gabriel. It's not gonna work.



NANAY: not all things you want in life you'll get. Life is not just about what you want...it's about what's good for you, what will make you grow, what will help you become a better person.



GABRIEL: see teddybear? I told you I wasn't going to get it.


NANAY: now lighten up and smile for the camera. I tell you it will be worth the wait.

NANAY: there.


wow! a weapon for the little warrior!


puzzle for bright mind!

a dolphin!!


ABE: these are all just too much! I am just speechless.


Nay, you're right. It's worth the wait.

NANAY: (at least that's how I interpreted that smile)

Belated Happy Christmas everyonE! I have been sick. Terrible cough, colds, sore throat. I didn't have voice the entire holiday. Nothing can be frustrating than opening up a present and liking it so much you want to shout with joy, but you can't. My voice escaped me on the night of Christmas Eve, and I was so frustrated I was crying out to God why. But then a few nights to New Year's Eve I got to thank somehow that I was too sick to talk. You see, sometimes I have the tendency to get really loud, talking forever, proving I'm right, never accepting defeat, never accepting I can be wrong, criticizing people, looking for flaws, seeing only what's ugly. While I was voiceless, I didn't have any choice but to sit around, quiet, and observe...in the process I saw myself in all the rest around me.

And I was humbled.

I am not a new person today, though. I am still the sinner, hypocritical, impatient, judgemental person that I am. But I thank God for keeping me quiet during the holidays. I got the chance to listen to the things that my human heart always fails to hear.

10 comments:

mira said...

how clever u can be to figure out gabe's non verbal talk much more capture it.i say ...well done!!!and to you my dear abe your one lucky boy to have a talented n gifted nanay...

jb29 said...

nang mirs di lang talented, da best guid ya pag sa writing na hehehe...

hmmm gali belle, during christmas ka guid ya nagmasakit....

pero a wise man could see it as a blessing and not a curse...

and u must thank God for the wisdom...such a blessing

hmmmmm..don't be too hard on urself...everybody acts clean, thinks greatly of himself, so consumed of his own wants.....everybody is just like that...

it's just a matter of being humble from time to time..

And as what you have said, what happened to u had made you humble.

A good gift from God on His birthday.

God bless your anak! God bless you all!

jb29 said...

nang mirs di lang talented, da best guid ya pag sa writing na hehehe...

hmmm gali belle, during christmas ka guid ya nagmasakit....

pero a wise man could see it as a blessing and not a curse...

and u must thank God for the wisdom...such a blessing

hmmmmm..don't be too hard on urself...everybody acts clean, thinks greatly of himself, so consumed of his own wants.....everybody is just like that...

it's just a matter of being humble from time to time..

And as what you have said, what happened to u had made you humble.

A good gift from God on His birthday.

God bless your anak! God bless you all!

Unknown said...

brandz, i have to be hard on myself every once in a while. it's called self-discipline.literally.haha.it's alright, it's helping me tame myself. you see, i can be an animal in the wild. like what i told mira sang nag chat kami, tha'ts what's giving me freedom to fly.thank you brandz, i always knew ka wavelength ta ka. haha.

felinelostindwilderness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cathyne said...

anne, is brando the brando of ripples???..

Unknown said...

yes cat, siya na. hehe the famous brando sisma of lcc.

car, there is time for everything. thanks for dropping. hope life is well and good for you.

Unknown said...

whoever you are barb michelen, i don't know you. and we haven't met. that's not the way to do business.

hay pipol.pano ni mag delete man.indi ko bi madelete.dapat i moderate ko na comments.

Anonymous said...

Anne, grabe man tawa ko sa mga caption sg pics ni Gabe hehe..lovely pics!

Beautifully written entry as usual :) Just like my entry as Mother Theresa said, "sometimes we need silence to be able to touch souls." :)

Take care!

Genevive said...

helo helo helo .. ari ako ga amat2 panumbalay ... ma balik2 balik lang ko di.

btw, damo di si abe mga nami na pics sa akon.. kwaa na di kag himue naman caption hehe