Tuesday, August 28, 2007

WRITER'S BLOCK

I used to write no end.
I used to write like writing
was the only way I could live.
I wrote saccharine, sentimental pieces
where some people scoffed at.
And sometimes I bullied my way
into poetry like a dog getting on
a porcupine… and people adored me.

Out of my well-worn heart
and complex imagination,
I declared myself master of my pen,
oblivious to the fact
that poetry sometimes does fade.

The wine tasted bland.
Raindrops, annoying.
Night sky, frightful.

There was no more joy
in my writing,
only sad patterns for sorrow.
And so I grieved at the sunset
Like it would never rise again.

6 comments:

Genevive said...

hah?! sang san o mo ni gin compose.. amards haw....

Anonymous said...

ay usual..you never failed to amazed me by your writing skills...nami nami gid ya :)

felinelostindwilderness said...

gawwwwwdd..and this is what you call a writer's block?! and what do you call mine then? hrhrhrhr

Unknown said...

heh.dugay ko na na gin sulat.reposted lang na.kay writer's block gni.hehehe.kapila ko nag try compose blog, erase erase lang ko tanan. it happens ah.malipas mlang na.ti subong bawi lang ko anay pang basa sang mga blogs niyo.

jb29 said...

hehehehe looks ironic....writer's block kuno pero garabe katigas sang powem hehe

Unknown said...

gani man.hehehe...pro repost ko lang na. siguro kon linibo na ka poem na sulat mo, miskin writers block pa, may isulat ka man giapon.hehehe..thanks for dropping by. baw dunganay lang ta ba.ga read man ko blog mo now.