Monday, February 1, 2016

Strength in number



anne gubuan


What keeps me grounded everyday is the fact that I've got family and their love, support and acceptance define who I am. There are times when I get lost, but their presence reminds me I am home wherever I am at the moment. I have always been the rebel in our family. I swim against the tide. I am different. At times they find it difficult to gauge me. But looking back, they have always been there for me. Back then, I just didn't care. I was convinced I can always do it on my own. I didn't need their permission. I didn't need their opinion. That's what I thought. And how wrong I was. I am right now in this part of my journey, where the bend ahead is still not in sight, but somehow I have this sense of confidence that I will conquer what's ahead. Making sense of what was in the past could indeed lead you to a much clearer future. I thank God for giving me my family, my compass, my strength.

No comments: