Sunday, February 21, 2016

Are you done giving?

philippines


There's time in your life when you are simply done giving. This is the time when you have reached a level where you have fully come to understand you are also responsible for your own self. Do not give yourself away, too much that you lose yourself in the process. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of why you are here in the first place. 

For now, I am done giving. Not in a sense that it's time for me to be selfish. I am done giving in a sense that for most of my life, I chose to just keep it all to myself and be nice to others in a fake kind of way. I can no longer to that. That part of me has to die already. I have to walk away when I am angry and not stay there and bear the brunt of those who just do not care. I have to walk away and let them know anyway how much they've hurt me. That is the kind of liberation that I've been hoping for. A liberation from myself. I do not have to feel scared all the time that I won't be accepted or that I will be misjudged. So what if I will be misjudged. Shouldn't end everything and delay me in my journey. Let them judge me for all I care not really my problem. But I will not do that. At least I will try not to do that. One of the best ways to live your life is when you are able to step back from your own self to see a wider perspective and it helps you become wiser than the fool. 

No comments: