Sunday, February 2, 2014

Are you negative?



The best that you can do when you're with a notoriously negative person is to just be there, listen and nod ever once in a while to acknowledge what he's saying. Don't try to tell him anything as he will just go on, spend the whole day trying to convince you how life sucks.

It amazes me how some of them seemed determined to stay that way. I was once like that. Always feeling like the world is against me. Always feeling like a victim. Always sad if not angry. Always with misfortunes. Then I came to realized there were only a few good things happening in my life, indeed.

I do not condemn negative people because I know how it is to be like them. I am just glad I was able to get out of the rut.

The way we look at things matters so much, and affects so much our ability to survive in this life. Come to think of it, this life isn't just about surviving. It is about living and letting others live and you can only do that when you stop thinking the world owes you anything.

Each of us is special and unique. But that doesn't mean the world will stop for our tears, or cater to all our needs. Our uniqueness will be something that could drive us to pursue what will define us, and what will make us happy.

No comments: