Friday, January 31, 2014

JUICING VEGETABLES

I am officially a juicing fanatic J I have tried my first ever juicing recipe with the help of some googling, and all I can say is this is going to be a new lifestyle for me. What I have tried so far:

1.       Green mango
2.       Ampalaya and cucumber
3.       Orange

I know there are plenty of great combos to make with carrots. Carrots and apples, carrots and oranges, carrots and mangoes. Yum yum yum. The ampalaya and cucumber tasted really bitter the first time I tried it, so I had to put in a spoonful of honey. I hope it’s alright to do that. I am still learning. 



I am about to try this amazing weight loss combo: Celery, cucumber,  carrots and apple. I hope it will still taste good without the apple as I do not have any right now. I read another great combo which is great for detoxifying: spinach, carrots and spinach. I like combos which are easy to find in my area and I can’t wait to get to know more juicing veggies and fruits combos from around here. What my son has tried is only the orange juice and that is okay for now. At least he’s got something, too. What’s liberating about this new hobby is that it makes me get scared of the things I buy in supermarket. Yes, I’m talking about canned goods, precooked meals, noodles and the like. I am excited about this new discovery and I intend to maintain this forever.

I am feeling particularly good tonight because I had vegetable salad for my dinner: lettuce, tomatoes, onions and boiled peanuts. I was feeling oh so lonely looking at it so I had to give in to the temptation of putting in some mayonnaise. Well, just a little bit. One bowl of veggies. Goes so well with my mango juice.



These things can cost a bit, but come to think of it, we spend money on soft drinks, on junkfoods, on cakes and pastries.  Why not spend it on these things which can benefit us so much? 
I hope that as I share with you this journey, you too will be encouraged to try it. 

We owe it to ourselves and to the one who made us, to take care of ourselves and maintain a healthy, productive lifestyle.


1 comment:

Genevive said...

in fairness!!!

just got home from running. first time in my life.