Thursday, January 30, 2014

Earning on the side

As a writer/editor one of the things that give me thrills is this.


Well it isn't much but it is just earning on the side. Maybe if I spend on it full-time I would be earning more. That is just a down payment for the entire job and I tell you, it is not easy. What do I know about entrepreneurship? Yes I am being paid to update a book on entrepreneurship! And this book is being required in universities around the country as part of their textbooks. Too much pressure I tell you. But I am enjoying this a lot. I think by the time I am done editing the book, I am already a very excited entrepreneur wanna be. Lol! Truth is, I have been working 16 years now and there are times when I feel I have been missing so many things. I love my job, it has made me who I am now. But I guess a few more things in life are starting to resonate in me in a different way, in a more meaningfully different way. 


I am praying for more jobs like this. This is something I really love to do. It is just sad to note that here in the Philippines, so many of us writers earn only so little. A good friend of mine has recently encouraged me to focus my time and energy as a writer maintaining a website and earning through Google Adsense. I have already tried that as you can see. Well, I am hoping I can soon reach that stage where I will be earning while I sleep. I do not aspire to become a millionaire simply because I want more power. I want to become one because there is just so much I want to do to help others. I want to start a charity, I want to send bright, poor children to school, I want to help kids who are battling cancer, I want to start an organic farming and make hungry kids live there. This is just one of the many things which I can do if I am equipped with the things necessary to sustain these projects. There is a God watching me. I am sure these things will not be in vain. 



No comments: