Monday, September 16, 2013

You can be wealthy and happy and the same time




Such a  comforting thing to see on Facebook today. Thanks Bo Sanchez for sharing. A lot of Christian friends would often tell me otherwise. They would say Christianity is suffering, Christianity is embracing the cross. I have grown to believe that if I am wealthy, it will get into my head and desire more and never get contented.

But every day I look around me and there is poverty everywhere. Every day, those around me always ask for help, looking for money, desperate for solutions to their financial problems. I too experience that in a lot of ways. And what’s even more frustrating is when your family are in need and you can’t even provide. Indeed that is not the kind of life God wants for us. I just believe that. There is suffering yes, but it doesn’t have to be as perennial and as permanent as this kind of poverty that sometimes makes me feel depressed being able to do nothing about it.

A good friend of mine once shared to be in chat about a preacher that she knows,  who told her it’s the enemy blocking the blessing. Because he doesn’t want us to bless others. That’s the most important point I guess. We desire to be rich, so we can bless others. We desire to be reach so we can be instrument of God’s provision and love. We desire to be reach so we can share God’s message of a Father who is watching over his children.

I desire to be reach, because not all of us are blessed with intelligence, with creativity, resourcefulness, drive, determination and a heart big enough to accommodate a lot of those who are suffering. I know I blessed with such heart. 

No comments: