Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Gabriel just turned 8 :)


My Dear Gabriel, 

Look at how fast you've grown! There is nothing compares to the joy of being your mother, I am just so blessed with this calling. I can never understand people when I hear them say parenthood is not easy, or parenthood is difficult, challenging. It never came to mind in the eight years that I have given birth to you and raised you. We had our moments, but they always ended in a wonder descendo of making up and reassuring how much we love each other. 

Thank you for coming into my life. The world was never the same again the first time I heard your soft cries and smelled you in my arms. There are so many years ahead of us and I can't wait to be facing each morning, assured constantly by your zest, your never ending sense of wonder about life and the world around, your capacity to dream and actually visualize those dreams, your excitement to learn new things everyday. I may be your mother, yes, and you learn so many things from me. But don't you know, that I am also learning a lot of things from you?  You teach me the importance of not having to say goodbye to the little girl in me, to the childhood that has once enraptured me in so many ways. You teach me how to believe when I pray. You teach me how to stay loyal and faithful to my own promises. Every once in a while, you do teach me the importance of sleep, not to mention me-time :) I want to learn many things more from you and in your eighth year, I promise to be more observant, committed, caring (enough to take you out on a date once in a while), and I promise to have more time to play with you. 

I thank God for keeping you safe from harm at all times, I thank him for taking care of you more than I can, I am so grateful to him for guiding  you in your journey and guiding me guide you as well. I thank him for molding you into the kind of person he has planned you to be. I know you will always bring joy, wherever you go. 

Love, 
Nanay 



Gabriel

The name Gabriel is a baby boy name.


Biblical Meaning: 
The name Gabriel is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Gabriel is: God is my strength.
Spanish Meaning: 
The name Gabriel is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Gabriel is: God is my strength.
American Meaning: 
The name Gabriel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Gabriel is: God is my strength.
Hebrew Meaning: 
The name Gabriel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Gabriel is: Man of God. God's able-bodied one. Famous bearer: The archangel Gabriel, who appears several times in the Bible.
Swedish Meaning: 
The name Gabriel is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Gabriel is: Strength from God.
SoulUrge Number: 6People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Expression Number: 9People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.

No comments: