Sunday, May 26, 2013

Philippines 'most popular country' in the world


Germany 'most popular country' in the world: poll
Germany is the most popular country in the world despite well-publicised protests against its insistence on austerity measures within the European Union, an annual poll for the BBC World Service revealed on Thursday.

 I don't know if it's just me being dreamy about the kind of world I would like my son to grow up in, or if it's just my stubborn hope for the Philippines to finally find its place in this great hullabaloo of countries wanting to be more powerful than the others. As a private citizen though, for me it is actually not about power but about freedom from being dominated by the others. Philippines as she is, is amazingly rich, charming, fresh. There is still so much about these qualities that refuses to fade. One day soon, she will rise.

No comments: