Monday, May 16, 2011

Rebecca Goes to Customs

Whenever I read stories like this I feel like slumping in my chair, out of total frustration. It is like shouting at the top of your lungs, and you're at the bottom of an empty well. You could hardly breathe.



The problem with corruption is a gigantically huge predicament. Just by looking at it you lose all energy already.



As a mother of a 5-year-old boy, I start with him. "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world." I cannot say anything more for now. Someone once said to me, "95% of the world's problems is because of lousy parenting." I hope and I keep praying and I keep striving everyday, that as a mother, I bring him up in a way that God wants me.

3 comments:

mira said...

i couldnt agree with you more....out here where you think its first world and corruption is non existent..no its everywhere...and i often comment on the lack of discipline here of children more especiaLLY the teenagers ,they are so farfetched with ours over there..they lack respect and consideration..i just wonder how much did the parents tried inculcating values on them...:(

Unknown said...

I have an American friend, the father of her son is a Filipino. She dreams of living here in the Philippines where somehow, the environment for her teenager son wouldn't be that harsh, as far as wholesome influence is concerned.

But come to think of it, Philippines is also becoming more and more westernized these days. I can almost see the challenges of guiding my own son.

I guess it is just all about making sure we shower them with the kind of love that would want them to be better persons as they grow. How our society will improve depends on these young ones.

mira said...

exactly ann...i mean i can be so worried and paranoid at times in terms of how my kids will become in the future..but at the end of the day i only have to be the best i could be as a mother and that perhaps would shape and mold them to be as much a better individuals...:)