Sunday, April 5, 2009

God brought me you


Writing this poem for my best friend since high school, Vivian, for her birthday last April 2. Sorry for being late my friend. My first lines start from the moment I stepped into our freshman classroom... up till now, where our life continues to bring us together in our journey. Thank you for all that you are to me. Happy Birthday!


Love, Anne




I walked along, alone
nervous of something new
a traveller, scared one
that I was...


Then God brought me you.


There were flowers to admire
sun who only rose
to set again...
I cried for those.


And you cried along.


I looked for meaning
for a teardrop,
a broken dead branch,
my discoveries were echanting...


You understood them.


And now my journey
has brought me to a whirlwind
of confusion, pain and joy
Everything else becomes
too close to see...


You look at them clearly for me.
You cry with me, for me.
You understand me.


Indeed, God brought me you.




5 comments:

Iamquietheart said...

God brought us together. I feel blessed for this my friend.

Thanks for the wonderful poem. Thanks for everything. I'm happy.

cathyne said...

kanami. vivian is such a wonderful person.

Iamquietheart said...

you are a wonderful person too, cat.
although wala gid ta mayo nag updanay, but i can see how sincere you are as a person.

Unknown said...

ehehehe kanami lang no..ti overnight ta nga tatlo sa mambucal ha? this time dapat tatlo na kita!!!

Iamquietheart said...

yes anne, super excited gid ko nga maka kadto ta nga tatlo ni cat sa mambukal, with the kids.